Hi everyone. My name is Steph and I am a 24 year old Lifestyle Blogger at Steph’s World (www.stephsworld.com). I have been blogging now for over a year about anything Lifestyle, Monthly Favourites, Beauty, Theatre and Days Out Ideas. I wish that I was a Full-Time Blogger, but in fact I am a Full-Time Administrator at a University and Blogger on the evenings and weekends.
- Rent/Mortgage = £0 – I live at home still, so I am very lucky not to be spending money on rent or a mortgage.
- Credit Cards – Whatever I spend that month
- Loans – My student loan for University costs be around £20 a month
- Savings – I am currently saving for a house with my Boyfriend and have the help-to-buy isa
- Mobile Phone – My phone bill costs me £12.50 a month\Contact Lenses – I am not blessed with 20/20 vision unfortunately, so Contact Lenses cost me a whopping £15 per month!
- Socialising & Leisure – Depending on whether there is an event I want to go to or not this fluctuates. Usually in a month I will take a trip to the Everyman Cinema (about £28 for 2 people) and will go out with friends for a meal at least 3 times (costing about £30 each time). I also love to go to the Theatre which may cost anywhere between £20-£50.
1. What does a typical week look like for you?
A typical week for me is quite the same each week. I work at a University in the admin department from 8:30am-5pm which is very close to the City Centre. On the way to work I usually stop off to grab food and drink (£2) and then I try to take my lunch with me into work, but when I fail that usually costs me about £5 for either some food from the canteen or some kind of fast food from the City. As I work so close to the City, I find that my lunchtime walks lead me into the shops which means money gets spent a lot quicker.
2. What are your usual guilty spends, what can’t you resist buying over and over?
If you have read my blog before, you will already know this; if not though, my guilty spends are on Lipsticks and Lip Products. I just cannot help myself!
3. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
I think it has to be my Macbook. I love it so much, but it did cost over £1000! I think it is brilliant for blogging though and I wouldn’t be without it. I also got NUS discount and a free pair of Beats headphones, so I think I had a good bargain in fact.
4. Are you saving for anything in particular at the moment?
As I said earlier I am saving for a house at the moment. I wouldn’t say it is going fantastically at the moment, but I do save £200 into my isa every month so I am very happy with that.
5. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would go out and buy?
This is so difficult! I think it would have to be a house as that would be perfect. I would also love to be able to pay off my parent’s mortgage though as they have helped me so much over the years. Other things I would buy are: a new camera, a puppy, a new wardrobe of clothes, 1000 shoes, lots of lipsticks and lots of makeup.
6. If money was no object what would be your dream travel destination?
I would love to do a year-long cruise around the world, going to see lots of amazing places. If I could only choose one place though, it would have to be Bora Bora. It is just so perfect!
7. What’s the best money advice/tip you’ve ever received?
This is a really difficult one. My parents have always taught me to be careful with my money. I always look out for deals, buy in bulk where I can and search for voucher codes online as well as using Topcashback or Quidco to save a little money. One example of this is with my phone contract – I went through Topcashback, received £45 cash and also got £40 worth of Amazon Vouchers in time for Christmas! Shop savvy and look around for the best deals! It really does pay off.
Thanks for taking part! If you’d like to be featured in one of my money diaries please leave me a comment and I’ll contact you with the template. You can also catch up with the rest in this series below!